Registration for Summer Learning is super easy through the library’s website and offers fun games, puzzles, and a way to track your reading time. For each minute read and/or program attended, participants will earn points they can redeem for chances to win awesome prizes!
If you don’t have time to visit the library in person, children can still check out e-books from home through the NCKids Digital Library for free using their library card or their Lincoln County Public Schools Student ID number. Adults also have plenty of e-book options including the NC Digital Library, RB Digital, and Freading apps available through the library’s website.
If you have questions, please call the Jonas Library at 704-735-8044 or go to www.mylincolnlibrary.org and click on the Summer Learning link to get started.
Highlighted Summer Programs Include:
StarLab Lincoln – A portable planetarium on loan from the state library will provide educational and entertaining show about astronomy. Space is limited for these shows so registration is required. StarLab Lincoln show dates and locations are:
- June 13, 1-4 p.m. at Lincoln Charter School, 133 Eagle Nest Rd., Denver, NC
- June 19, 1-4 p.m. at the James W. Warren Citizens Center, 115 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC
- July 10, 1-4 p.m. at West Lincoln High School, 172 Shoal Rd., Lincolnton, NC
Sky Full of Stars – A program designed for rising 1st to 5th graders filled with fun activities related to the stars including a fun craft where children will learn how to create nebula in a jar. Sky Full of Stars program dates and locations are:
- June 19, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. at the Florence Shanklin Library, 7837 Fairfield Forest Rd., Denver, NC
- June 27, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. at the Charles R. Jonas Library, 306 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC
- July 9, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. at the West Lincoln Branch Library, 5545 West Hwy 27, Vale. NC
Alien Encounter Escape Room – A space themed escape room experience for teens featuring the use of robotics to successfully escape. Dates and locations are:
- June 17, 6-8 p.m. at the Florence Shanklin Library, 7837 Fairfield Forest Rd., Denver, NC
- July 18, 6-7:30 p.m. at the West Lincoln Branch Library, 5545 West Hwy 27, Vale. NC
- July 24, 6-8 p.m. at the Charles R. Jonas Library, 306 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC
Steve Somers: The Amazing Teacher will perform his program Space Trek twice on June 18. Mr.
Somers is an author, magician and a storyteller. Every show incorporates books, magic tricks, stories, a silly puppet, music, laugh out-loud humor and lots of audience interaction (participation). Locations are:
- June 18, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the James W. Warren Citizens Center, 115 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC
- June 18, 2:30-3:30 p.m. at the West Lincoln Branch Library, 5545 West Hwy 27, Vale, NC
Bright Star Theatre will do two performances of their show One Small Step on June 25. The show follows the quest for flight from ancient times through the moon landing and beyond! Bright Star Theater is an awarding winning traveling theater troop that performs all over the US, for large and small venues, and bring history and social responsibility to life. The locations are:
- June 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Lincolnton High School, 803 N Aspen St., Lincolnton, NC
- June 25, 2:30-3:30 p.m. at Lincoln Charter School, 133 Eagle Nest Rd., Denver, NC
The Soap Bubble Circus - Seven time world record holding bubbleologist Steve Langley will present The Soap Bubble Circus at the James W. Warren Citizens Center, 115 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC on July 8 from 2:30-3:30 p.m. This program is designed to delight adults as well small children. The Soap Bubble Circus performers are experts in doing amazing tricks with regular soap bubbles. They have performed all over the US and the world, including the White House in Washington, D.C., and been featured on Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
The Grey Seal Puppets will present their show A Tangle of Tales at the James W. Warren Citizens Center, 115 West Main St., Lincolnton, NC on July 23 from 2:30-3:30 p.m. This show tangles three classic tales together and is performed by an internationally acclaimed company of puppeteers.
Hickory Crawdads Baseball Game – anyone who completes the summer learning program will receive a free ticket to the Hickory Crawdads baseball game on Friday, July 26 at 6 p.m.
For a full schedule of all of Lincoln County Public Library’s summer learning programs, please visit www.mylincolnlibrary.org and download your schedule today!
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
LincolnHerald.net OR LincolnHerald.com
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter