Having a dream makes you different from people who do not. By having a dream and working toward it, your mind and body operate at a different frequency than that of people who don’t have a dream. It’s simple biology and emotion. When cells become excited (from heat, energy, or electricity) they move faster. When there is no excitement, cells move slower.
The same is true for organisms comprised of multiple systems (a.k.a. we humans). Being excited about life and about what you’re doing will enable you to focus more intently and to be more creative in the process. Do positive things that will move you toward your goal by feeding your mind, your heart, your will, and your soul good things that will improve and build up your life.
Other people may try to unwittingly tear your dream down. Don’t let them do it. Walk away from a negative conversation if you need to. Laugh it off. Put on mental blinders. Or redirect the conversation to something else and/or something positive. Then, go do something positive to reinforce your dream and keep it healthy.
From time to time, frustrated people will cross your path or enter your life. Be careful of them. They’ll try to drag you down to their level of negativity, complaining, bitter sarcasm, or frustration. But, resist the temptation to join them. Stand your ground. Stand firm in what you believe. Stand strong in what you hold dearly in your heart and mind.
When you have a dream that you commit to, you’ll set goals for yourself and have something to work toward. Your mind will be re-energized every day since it knows there is a specific goal to achieve. Think of ways you can put your dream into action. If one way doesn’t work, then try another. Keep doing that until you’ve either become strong enough to make it happen or you’ve refined your dream well enough that it fits perfectly into the jigsaw puzzle of life.
Here are some things you can do right now to keep your dream alive and to keep you excited about it:
- Write out your dream on a notecard, sheet of paper, or on your bathroom mirror.
- Stay focused by saying it aloud to yourself first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and a few times during the day.
- Share your dream with one or two people you trust, so they can encourage you when you need it. But, don’t share your dream with everybody…just with one or two people you trust.
- Make a list of things you need to do to make your dream become reality. Then, do something every day to complete your list. Daily progress will bring better results than just talking about or thinking about your dream.
- Promise yourself that you will see your dream through to the end. When you create a positive bond with yourself to achieve a worthwhile goal, something changes inside you: a fire is re-ignited and recharges your soul.
Keep at it! Your persistence will win. Your persistence will pay off.
Let’s connect! Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org; or www.MartyReep.com Also, find more articles at www.RaisedByAVillage.com
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
LincolnHerald.net OR LincolnHerald.com
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter