- Faith first. Always!
- Gratitude. Accept the bad. Only then will you appreciate the good.
- Choose kindness. You will never be too important to be kind.
- Focus on your family. When nothing goes right, go to your family.
- Appreciate animals. Their life is lived through you.
- Be safe. You will never regret being safe about whatever you are doing.
- Work hard. Appreciation comes from hard work.
- Have patience. Nothing good ever happens when you rush.
- Learn to communicate. Not all good things come from silence.
- Act with integrity. Always do the right thing, no matter who's around.
- Listen more. Don’t get so caught up in making noise - observe.
- Love often. Even if it’s not returned.
- Become wise. One day someone will look up to you for advice.
- Stop worrying. If you have time to worry you have time to pray.
- Make time. You are never promised tomorrow.
- Tell the truth. Be known for honesty.
- Go early. Nothing is more disrespectful than being late.
- Pray. Without end.
In no way have these 18 lessons (or rules) made my life perfect, but I have learned they certainly make the days easier. I hope they aid in your life too.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter