The Lincolnton Fire Department was called to China One Restaurant on East Main Street Friday morning (Feb. 27th) at 10:15. Unofficial reports indicate that it was a grease fire that got into the hood system above the cooking area and extended to the roof. Damage was contained to the cooking area, hood system, and some roof damage.
While there was considerable damage, firefighters were able to save the building and it appeared that repairs can be made.
Lincolnton Fire Department was still on the scene shortly after noon.
Your Lincolnton-Lincoln County Online News Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photo, Community, Coupons and Police Scanner. Serving Lincoln and surrounding counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville and other nearby areas of Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours every day, seven days each week, every day of the year including holidays.