Here are some ways to protect you from being a victim of a vehicle break-in:
- LOCK IT OR LOSE IT. Lock your vehicle every time you leave, even for a short period of time.
- Don’t leave valuables in plain view
- Do not leave personal identification in your vehicle. These items can be used later to commit identity theft
- Do not leave a firearm in your car
- If you place items in the trunk, do it discreetly or before you arrive at your destination.
- If your car is parked in a carport or near your home, leave you exterior lights on at night.
- If you park on a street, choose a well-lit, open and visible space.
- Residents should also document and record all serial numbers on any items left in a vehicle.
Anyone with information on the break-ins should call 911, the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050, the Lincoln County Communications Center at 704-735-8202, or Lincolnton/Lincoln County CrimeStoppers at 704-736-8909. All tips are investigated.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
LincolnHerald.net OR LincolnHerald.com
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter