|4/5/2019 1:10:00 PM|
Retirees Honored At City Council Meeting
LINCOLNTON, N.C. - The Lincolnton City Council met on April 4, 2019 with a full agenda. In the first order of business they made some minor changes to traffic ordinances on two city streets.
On Rock Creek Drive from South Laurel St. to Tait St. the speed limit will change to 25 MPH. Also There will be no through truck traffic on Gaston Street between Edwards St and Tait St.
During the 2018 New Year’s Eve Celebration in downtown Lincolnton, the City had its first ever Apple Drop to countdown the New Year. This Apple Drop raised money that was distributed to two local organizations. Christian Ministries received just under $900 as did the Cats Program, sponsored by the Lincoln County Animal Shelter to sterilize feral cats in the county.
In other business:
- Approved an application from Seven Eagles Building Group, LLC requesting the renewal of a conditional use permit to construct a 33-unit condominium complex on 5.25 acres in the CURMF District. The subject property is located on Lincoln Country Club property approximately 650 feet north of Country Club Road and approximately 450 feet east of Lithia Inn Road north of the driving Range Facility (Parcel ID 86678)
- Issued a Resolution honoring the retirement of Debra Lyda – Account Billing Specialist – for 11 years of service (retirement date Effective March 1, 2019)
- Issued a Resolution honoring Patrick King – Fire Inspector for 28 years of service to the City on his upcoming retirement May 1, 2019
- Issued a Resolution honoring Jimmy Gilbert – Electric Line Technician for 22 years of service to the City on his upcoming retirement May 1, 2019
- Issued a Resolution honoring Richard Harrington – Lincolnton Police Department, Master Police Officer for 13 years of service to the City on his upcoming retirement May 1, 2019
- Awarded a contract to Carolina Trust Bank (low bidder) for financing at 3.0% for a seven-year term for Smart Meter Project
- Awarded a contract between the City and DDA for Antique Fest – October 12, 2019
- Awarded a contract between the City and East Coast Pyrotechnics for the 2019 Fireworks Display. The city has used this company since 1991
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
LincolnHerald.net OR LincolnHerald.com
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Also Follow Us On Twitter
Click On SEE FIRST at
Article Comment Submission Form