Thieves have a tendency to break into unlocked vehicles because they want to get in and out of the area as quick as possible. Since January 1, 2020 the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office has investigated 130 incidents where a firearm was stolen from a motor vehicle putting at least that many stolen firearms on the streets.
Here are some ways to protect you from being a victim of a crime:
- LOCK IT OR LOSE IT. Lock your vehicle every time you leave, even for a short time
- Don’t leave valuable items in plain view
- If you place items in the trunk, do it discreetly or before you arrive at your destination
- If your car is parked in a carport or near your home, leave your exterior lights on at night
- If you park on a street, choose a well-lit, open and visible space
- Residents should also document and record all serial numbers on any items left in a vehicle.
If you see somebody acting suspicious or looking into vehicles, call 9-1-1, the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050, the Lincoln County Communications Center at 704-735-8202 or Lincolnton/Lincoln County CrimeStoppers at 704-736-8909.
Anyone with information on the break-ins or theft of the vehicle should contact the above telephone numbers. All tips will be investigated.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter