In an effort to keep our children in their home communities, the Lincoln County Department of Social Services has launched a recruitment campaign in hopes of raising awareness to this growing problem and increasing the number of foster homes within Lincoln County. We recognize that not everyone can become a foster parent, but believe that everyone can do something to support foster parents and/or the foster care program in Lincoln County. Would you consider becoming a partner in our Foster Adopt Movement?
How can the Community partner with FAM?
- Become a foster parent
- Provide gift cards (Walmart, Target, grocery, local restaurant) to foster families
- Write cards of encouragement to foster families
- Donate diapers/wipes for local children in need
- Purchase car seats (any style) for agency and foster parent use
- Provide life skills training (cooking, financial, etc.) for teens in foster care
- Provide music lessons for foster children
- Provide babysitting for Foster Parent training
- Provide scholarships for foster children (Dance, Karate, YMCA, etc.)
- Host an event for foster children and foster families (bowling, skating, movies, etc.)
- Provide tutoring for foster children
- Donate a Carowinds ticket or season pass to a foster child/family
- Purchase prom attire, class rings, field trips, band instruments, etc. for foster children
- Hire foster children to work at your business
- Purchase new duffle bags/suitcases for foster children
- Sell tickets for Agency fundraising events
- Organize a fundraiser
- Provide snacks for family visits
- Donate book bags filled with school supplies
- Host an awareness event at your church, community or civic organization
- Use social media to engage and inform others about foster care
How can a business partner with FAM?
- Make a tax deductible donation of $175 to purchase a 5x3 FAM recruitment banner which will include the sponsor’s name
- Place a FAM recruitment banner at your business
- Make FAM flyers and other information available to your patrons
- Use your social media page to engage and inform others about foster care and the local FAM program
For more information or to become a partner, please contact Haylee McLeymore at 704-736-8831 or email@example.com.
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of Lincoln County’s children.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
LincolnHerald.net OR LincolnHerald.com
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter